About AgkSharp for Windows
With AGKSharp you have the chance to write AppGameKit programs in the language C# and in VisualBasic. Now you can write your programs in an object-oriented language. I also provide a template that allows you to develop AppGameKit applications with windows-forms.
These templates can simply be copied into the directory “?user?\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Templates\ProjectTemplates\” and then copied into the “Visual C#” and “Visual Basic” directory. The corresponding template projects should be found when creating new Projects.
AgkSharp was developed with Visual Studio 2017. It has also been successfully tested with Visual Studio 2015 & 2013. The minimum version of .net is 2.0. I also tested it on Win7, Win8.1 and Windows 10 machines.
This project is in the trial phase. For the next 12 months it will be check whether this project is accepted and used by the community. AgkSharp has been compiled with AGK release 2017.12.12.
If you find AgkSharp helpful and you don’t own AppGameKit yet, please buy AppGameKit. Let TheGameCreators know if you like AgkSharp. For now AgkSharp is only for Windows available. I will look for a solution to make it available for Linux and MacOS.
What you Need?
– Download and install Visual Studio (recommended 2017).
– Download and install this Templates.
– Continue with this HowTo.
– If you are fair enough and like and use AgkSharp, then purchase AppGameKit. Without this, this project would never have been possible.
If you like this project and would like to support it I would be very happy about a donation.
- Latest AgkSharp Windows Templates (2019,01,13)
- Latest AgkSharp Linux Templates (2019.01.13)
- Latest AgkSharp-Binaries (2019.01.13)
- Dust 2 Dust
Game Created with AgkSharp
- The user has the choice to create his games and applications with C# and/or Visual Basic. These can be distributed freely or commercially.
- The user may not distribute the templates himself. The included library files AgkWrapper.dll and AgkSharp.dll can be distributed as a package together with the created program. These files may not be shared separately.
Copyright and License!
- AppGameKit and the AppGameKit Logo are copyright The Game Creators Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- This AgkSharp version of AppGameKit is officially licensed by The Game Creators Ltd to Marc Wollschläger.
- AppGameKit is available for Windows, Linux and Mac. You can download it from here or, if you have a Steam account you can download it via Steam. You have also the option to install a trial Version from AppGameKit.
How do the templates look like?
Here you can see the code from the template ‘AGKSharp-Template’
And the same Thing in VB.NET